Saturday, March 07, 2009

Good Gift

Just got back from traveling. I worked this last week in a place that has by percentage has one of the least number of believers in Jesus Christ in the world. The statistics are that .006 % of people are followers of Christ. I spent much time in prayer in this place and God is moving in this there.

I have been profoundly effected by the lostness of this place. This morning I found myself weeping over it's lostness and how of the millions, so few have ever even had a chance to hear the Good News of Jesus Christ. I also found myself weeping for the lostness of my own nation. I pray that God will open our eyes to our own need and how we must continue to take the Gospel to America.

The Lord has blessed me with the privelege of taking His message to many parts of the World. I have often wondered if He will give me a heart for a specific people. I know many friends who have been given such a heart for a particual people and it is incredible to see them give everything and go to take the Gospel. Yet, God also gives some the gift of a burden for the world. The weight of such a burden is more than any man can bare yet HE, The Giver of Every Good and Perfect Gift bows the knee and bends the back of some with a gift of sorrow for the nations and with heavy hearts we weep for the salvation of the nations and enter into the fellowship of His sufferings willingly.

To God be all honor, glory, and majesty. Let the Nations praise You and may Your followers be true to your heart, denying themselves and taking up our Cross to follow You and take the Message of Salvation to the Nations.

P.S. This Lost nation I was in last week was at one time saturated with the Gospel and now it is all but completely lost. May We Who are true followers of the Lord Jesus Christ take note and sense the urgency of this place and what it can shortly become if we fail to proclaim the Gospel clearly.

No comments: